Saturday, April 18, 2009

Vegan Kitty Food















I just remembered that with my most recent Vegan Essentials order, I purchased some vegan cat food for my cat babies to try. When initially served, they seemed intrigued and were eager to try the food. But, that's only because they're complete fatties. I got them Evolution Cat Kibble, and they just weren't having it. I can't lie, I was kind of expecting that outcome, and I'm not going to force them to eat something that they don't like and simply refuse to eat. A pound of this stuff from Vegan Essentials is like, $4. Chances are your kitties are as spoiled as mine and won't really enjoy this.

4 comments:

  1. How awesome that you considered this. A very personal decision, I think, and one that may draw a lot of criticism over what is right/natural/fair/cruel and more. But with our human brains, knowledge and technology, if we can send humans to the moon etc, why can't we produce a nutritionally-complete vegan catfood??? I think we can.

    Now cats are fussy creatures and generally don't like to try new things such as food and litter straight out. Most people who know cats well recommend gradually changing your cat's diet (or litter), by mixing just a tiny amount of the new product with the old and gradually increasing the amount. If it still doesn't work then you can be convinced that they are not into it.

    I'd love to hear how you go if you try it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have been mixing the remainder of the vegan stuff in with their regular cat food, mainly just so I don't waste it. I'm a stickler about wasting food. I never even thought that might help to ween them off the non-vegan stuff. thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see kroger brand everything bagels! (LOVE kroger!!!!)

    anyway, sorry the kitty food didn't work out! mixing it in is a good idea so you don't waste it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've heard that vegan kitties aren't the most healthy kitties... but i guess if the food is nutritionally complete, then it must be ok! too bad they don't like it though haha...

    ReplyDelete