Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Faux Eggz Benny

mmmm. Breakfast for dinner.

Alright, quick post. I got this from Sara Kramer and Tanya Barnard's book, How it All Vegan. Dave said this was his favorite thing I've cooked so far. He liked it even more than Baked Mac 'n Cheez, WHAT! (Dave has quite the ongoing love affair with my baked mac 'n cheez.)

Anyway, this was super easy to make. Prep time totaled maybe about a half hour. I served the tofu on some frozen Ezekiel wheat bread, topped it with a tomato slice, and the awesome sauce given in the recipe.

The sauce seriously ruled. It was composed mainly of nutritional yeast and Dijon mustard. In the past I was pretty hesitant to incorporate mustard in my cheese substitute mixes, but I am now converted.

Dave and I are convinced this sauce would be great poured over some veggie or boca burgers. I even bought some last night to test our theory.

The eggz benny was accompanied by some homemade hash browns. I might add, they came out a tad gooey. I don't know if I used to much oil or what. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment