Saturday, January 24, 2009

Davey gets what Davey wants!

Two of Dah-veed's favorite foods on this planet or any other: bagels and my baked mac 'n cheese. (vegan, duh.) Dave was complaining earlier this week that I cook all of these things, but never anything that he really wants. So, he gave me his input and wanted some homemade bagels. Dave had made them before by himself, however, this was my first experience with it.

This recipe wasn't bad. In my opinion, I should've let them rise a little longer and they should've been cooked at a lower temperature for longer, too. Did I mention that I deviated from the recipe about 100 times? And, that I didn't have a bread machine?

All in all, I think this was a good beginners recipe. Dave and I definitely plan to make more and to incorporate different things, i.e. sesame seeds, raisins, blueberries, herbs, etc.



voi la!

My mac 'n cheese was nothing to wet yourself over this time around. well, actually..
I improved the 'cheese' sauce a bit. I usually just boil soy cheddar and soy milk until it's creamy and slop it on top. I decided to add some Dijon and nutritional yeast, nothing ground-breaking. Definitely an improvement. I also used rotini instead of mac, so I guess this is in all technicality baked rotini 'n cheese.


I like lots of pepper on my mac.. er, rotini 'n cheese.

I also made some bangin' bana nut bread this week, but lost the picture for it. Guess I'll just have to make more, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment