Friday, August 21, 2009

Some Not-So-Recent Fewd Endeavors.















The concept for this dish derived from a certain sous- chef of mine screaming, "This is FRY AND BREAD EVERYTHING NIGHT." It totally was. Totally. I used the Breast of Tofu recipe from Everyday Dish but instead breaded it with garbanzo flour. This gave it such an awesome flavor. I opted to bake the tofu this time around, but I have to say, frying it is definitely the more successful method. The breaded zucchini was a bit of an experiment. It was also breaded with garbanzo flour. I used Ener-G egg replacer in the coating the breading process.
















Next to ramen noodles, casseroles are the ultimate comfort food for me. Not to mention this dish had rice, broccoli, garlic, and an awesome cheeze sauce consisting primarily of tahini and nutritional yeast. Where else could I have found such nomz other than It Ain't Meat, Babe. I was surprised the sauce was as flavorful as it was because it is thinned with water. I found a way to sneak garbanzo flour in this dish, too! Primarily for thickening the sauce. This was really quick and easy. I recommend it as a quick drunken meal or a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment