Friday, May 15, 2009

General Tao's Tofu















There was probably nothing healthy about this meal. It's only nutritionally redeeming quality was probably the steamed broccoli. As far as taste goes, I'd like to say: Daaaaaaaaaaaaayummmmm. I'm sure everyone has tried Vegweb's General Toa's tofu without complaint. I'd never tried frying tofu coated in cornstarch before, but it's now one of if not my favorite tofu recipes. I tinkered with the recipe a bit and used the sauce to coat the noodles as opposed to the tofu. Instead of minced ginger, I used powder which made the onion/garlic saute a tad sticky. This was fine because instead of veg stock, I had to use bouillon cubes and 1 1/2 cups of water. Other than that, I stuck to the recipe exactly, and it was nomz. Now, go! Make this tofu!

No comments:

Post a Comment