Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Simple Carrot Soup and Cucumber Sammiches.


What a wonderfully delicate meal. I had hoped the soup would've been creamier, but my blender is a piece of shite. If you suffer from a similar affliction, I advise letting the soup cook longer before you blend it so that the carrots essentially just turn to mush. I got the recipe from How It All Vegan! I need more cookbooks...

Simply Lovely Carrot Soup (from How It All Vegan!)

1 small onion
6-8 large carrots, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups veg stock or water
1 tsp salt
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp dried dill
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp pepper

In a large soup pot, saute the onions and carrots in oil on medium heat until translucent. Add stock and salt and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes, until carrots are tender. Remove half the vegetables and blend in blender/food processor with milk, dill, soy sauce, and pepper, and a small amount of cooking brother until smooth. Return mixture to the pot, mix well, and serve immediately. Makes 4-6 servings.

My alterations: add more like a tbsp of dill and also a few dollops of Earth Balance. I recommend blending the entire mixture because this is a soup that would really be best creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment