Friday, March 5, 2010

Veg-Billy Hotdogs!

I am referring to these as veg billy hot dogs to pay homage to Huntington, West Virginia's one unique dining experience, Hillbilly Hot Dogs. I've never dined at this restaurant, not even when I was omnivorous. I've always been a bit creeped out by hot dogs in general, but when you pile crap on them like eggs or pizza toppings, you have officially triggered my gag reflex. Still, I think it's pretty awesome that there is actually a unique place to eat in Huntington, despite the fact that it has an overall unhealthy menu and very limited vegetarian options.

Anyway, these hot dogs weren't anything too outrageous. Ty made a nice, simple slaw to top 'em off with and I made some sauce to go on top. It consisted of TVP, kidney beans, cumin, turmeric, paprika, veg broth, and tomato sauce. I haven't perfected the measurements yet so no recipe. Obviously things got a little messy while eating so I ended up finishing my meal with accidental chilli fries. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment