Monday, June 6, 2011

Seattle Wrap Up

I returned a few weeks ago from Seattle! I was visiting one of my very good friends who lives there. While I was only in town for a week, my host had a food agenda for me that packed the week full of nomz. There was a tasty restaurant in store every day for me with dishes ranging from Asian to hardy home cooked.


















The first place we stopped was at a vegan institution known as Pizza Pi. In my three plus years as a vegan, I have not once had a calzone. Until I went to Pizza Pi. While a bit pricey, the calzones are the stuff of legends and well worth the $12 I spent. I opted for the Southwestern Pizza turned calzone, and I can't for the life of me remember what my comrades ordered. I was a little preoccupied with the tasty morsels that lay ahead of me.


















My absolute favorite restaurant we visited was the Wayward Cafe. Hardy food with a home cooked feel. I felt like I was back in my Southeastern kitchen. I made it a point to always order something the referenced southern livin' in the title. For instance, I ordered the Country Fried Burrito during my first dining experience (yes, there was more than one.) It was comprised of chicken fried seitan, hash browns, and grilled onions and peppers. Topped with country gravy and soy cheese.



















Ty got the Monte Cristo: two slices of french toast with grilled "turkey" and "ham." Topped with powdered sugar.


















My friend went with the Very Veggie Omelet.



















The last restaurant we hit up on our journey was an all vegan Asian restaurant called In the Bowl. Ty got the see-through noodle with veggie prawns.


















I got the tom yum soup with tofu.



















My friend got the eggplant fried rice with tofu.


















I hope this made you hungry and perhaps a tad jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment