Sunday, October 4, 2009

Vegan MoFo: Post 1

We've been eating good in this ol' efficiency apartment o' mine. I issued a verbal memo to my coworkers that if they have any cravings this month whatsoever for a baked good of any kind to let me know. This is the product of said memo:


German Chocolate Cupcakes- sheer decadence


A coworker of mine recently began eatin' veg'n and requested that I make some cupcakes. I was pleased when my coworker admitted to making his 'o' face while licking the wrapper. Cupcakes never really receive a higher rating than that.



Plate Lickin' TVP Lasagna


Alright, alright. I was going to try to wait until my actual birthday to have my favorite dish ever: classic spinach lasagna, but 1) tofu ricotta and 2) tofu fuckin' ricotta. Also, 3) this merely presents the opportunity for someone to take me out to dinner for my birthday and allows me to sit on my ass for an entire day. I used the tofu ricotta recipe from How It All Vegan! truly a staple in this kitchen. I made a layer that had sauteed cherry tomatoes, TVP, and mushrooms. Nomz!




Banana Walnut Muffins


So I'm sure you're not supposed to cook with two week old bananas, but I did any way. And, guess what? It was forkin' delicious. I used a go-to recipe for banana nut
bread on VegWeb and instead of throwing it in a loaf pan, I threw it in a muffin pan. These were great for mornings when I have class and function for a solid 5 hours merely on coffee and cigarettes, with maybe the occasional bag of Fritos. Perfect on the go breakfast and totally nutritious.



Lentil Couscous Curry


At a glance, it would appear that someone has relieved there bowels atop my plate of dry coucous. Meanies! Well, fret not interweb fewd junkies; it's curried red lentils. This recipe was retrieved from VegWeb and is a very flexible recipe. However, it's not a very photogenic one. I used carrots and a green bell pepper in mine. I should've mad emore curry sauce because my couscous was a little dry.



Homemade Falafel Pitas with Tzatziki Sauce

What a horribly nutritious meal. Falafel balls made from scratch? Tzatziki sauce made with cucumbers grown from my man's mother's garden? I told you, we eat good.

1 comment:

  1. you ARE eating good these days. i would love a cupcake, please. or 5.

    ReplyDelete